Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP I & III)
Wayne County was named as a recipient of $25.9 million in Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) funds as part of the Housing and Economic Redevelopment Act (HERA) in which $3.92 Billion was allocated nationwide to address abandoned and foreclosed properties. Knowing the immediacy of the need for these dollars, we have put them on an aggressive timeline to be contracted within a year and expended within two years. Wayne County wants to ensure our participating communities receive maximum benefit as quickly as possible.
In 2009, we solicited proposals from communities, developers and non-profit agencies for projects throughout Wayne County. As a result, our entire NSP allocation has been awarded. Our program includes the purchase and rehabilitation of over 100 homes for residents below 50% of area median income, the demolition of over 700 blighted structures, and the redevelopment of several vacant properties that will result in the creation of several hundred jobs.
- NSP1 Quarterly Report ending 12-31-12
- NSP 1 Quarterly Report ending 9-30-12l
- NSP Substantial Amendment 10-23-08
- NSP Substantial Amendment 2-6-09
- NSP Substantial Amendment 3-9-10
- NSP Substantial Amendment 6-15-11
In 2011, Wayne County was awarded $7,839,293.00 by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development under the Neighborhood Stabilization Program III (NSP III).
Wayne County is currently seeking proposals for projects that meet the eligibility criteria set forth in the NSP3 Substantial Amendment.
- NSP3 Quarterly Report - period ending 12-31-2012
- NSP3 Quarterly Report - period ending 9-30-2012
- NSP3 Environmental Assessment Public Notice
- NSP3 Environmental Assessment
- NSP3 Substantial Amendment
- NSP3 Substantial Amendment (revised)
- Target Area 1
- Target Area 2
- Target Area 3
- Target Area 4
- Target Area 5
- NSP3 1st Quarterly Report - period ending 12-31-2011
- NSP3 Quarterly Report - period ending 6-30-2012
- Get A Job...
- Apply For...
- Get Documents For...
- Sign Up For...
- Pay For...
- Get Training...
- Learn About...